- Where is your dormitory?
- Do you have rooms in Kaki Bukit?
- Is the dormitory approved?
- Can I update the worker address to MOM?
- Is cooking allowed at the dormitory?
- How many workers are allowed in each dormitory room?
- How big is each dormitory room?
- I have 13 workers, can I squeeze my workers into the dormitory room?
- What do you have in the dormitory rooms?
- Who can stay in the rooms at your dormitory?
- Can I move into the dormitory today?
- What do I need to do to register the workers?
- Can we park our lorry in the dormitory?
- How much is the dormitory rooms?
1. Where is your dormitory?
Vobis Enterprise Pte Ltd manages 6 dormitories island-wide. Please click “Our Dormitory” to see the dormitory locations.
2. Do you have rooms in Kaki Bukit?
No. You may wish to consider our Simpang Lodge 1 (located in Yishun) instead. Our Kaki Bukit Recreation Centre(KBRC) is a recreation centre- an activity and shopping area for workers. It is not a dormitory.
3. Is the dormitory approved?
With the implementation of Foreign Employee Dormitory Act (FEDA), we are proud to inform most of our dormitories are already been licensed under the Act. You can refer to MOM List of Approved Housing on Ministry of Manpower (MOM) website
Our dormitory is purpose-built dormitory which are developed and built in accordance to the strict requirements set-forth by the authorities. Building Construction Authority (BCA) oversee the dormitory to ensure that our dormitory meets the high standards and requirements.
4. Can I update the worker address to MOM?
You are most definitely allowed and required to update the residence of your workers accurately to MOM via OFWAS once your workers have moved in or out from our dormitory. Please note that penalty may be handed out by MOM for employers who fail to update the workers’ dormitory address accurately.
5. Is cooking allowed at the dormitory?
Cooking is allowed at our centralized cooking area. To encourage fire safety and to cultivate good hygiene and cleanliness habits within the dormitory, cooking and eating in the dormitory room is strictly prohibited.
6. How many workers are allowed in each dormitory room?
Our standard room can accommodate 12 workers in each room. We are strict on the number of workers in each room and prohibits overcrowding as this would hugely compromise the health and hygiene of the room.
7. How big is each dormitory room?
Our dormitory rooms are spacious at approx. 48sqm for a room of 12. This is compliant with the guidelines set by the authorities.
8. I have 13 workers, can I squeeze my workers into the dormitory room?
We are strictly against overcrowding of workers in the dormitory rooms and is strict in ensuring that each room will accommodate not more than the specified allowed number of worker in each dormitory rooms.
However, for additional workers that you have, we can arrange for them to stay in another room (of 12), mixing with other companies.
9. What do you have in the dormitory rooms?
Each dormitory room is equipped with metal bed frames (without mattress & pillow), locker, two fans and power socket, metal shelving (for storing of cooking utensils).
10. Who can stay in the rooms at your dormitory?
Male work permit holders from All Industries are allowed to stay in the dormitory. Please do let us know your industry for record purposes.
11. Can I move into the dormitory today?
To ensure the security and safety of our residents, we need time to check the validity of the worker’s work permit before they are allowed in our dormitory. We will try to expedite your check in but we need your kind cooperation to provide us the necessary before the check in of the workers into our dormitory.
12. What do I need to do to register the workers?
We require you to provide us the workers’ work permit and passport copies as well as to provide us with payment prior to the check in of the workers.
13. Can we park our lorry in the dormitory?
We have lorry parking space within our dormitory for our residents who drive. Please contact us for more information on how to apply for it.
14. How much is the dormitory rooms?
Please send an “Enquiry Form” so that we can forward you a no-hidden charges, official Letter of offer for the rates and terms and conditions. No obligations!